Sunday, May 23, 2010

A little piece of home.....

So today was a really fun time.... I felt like I had a little piece of home with me here in NC. I have 2 homes... I love our home in Tn with our families... but Clint and I's home is Pensacola Fl. We were stationed there for 3 years and fell in love with it. We absolutly love it... I miss it there so much, and when we got orders from there I felt like i let a little piece of me there.... A few weeks ago I was able to go and watch the Marine Corps Silent Drill Platoon... (which are FYI AMAZING) very good friends. My friend B and her hubby were stationed there back in the beginning of their Marine Corps Journey, so it was amazing to get to experience that with them.... and them to share a part of there past, with us.... and today I got to return the favor... The blue angels have been dear to my heart for years... I know your thinking they are just airplanes... but they are sooo sooo much more than a plane to me.... they are home....
When we lived in Florida my past time was sitting on my front porch watching the blues do there practices, several days a week. Aubrie and Andrew loved it as well. Andrew was 18 months old and we would sit on the porch hearing him scream... HAIR PLANE>... look momma Hair plane! I miss those days... I really do..life in Florida was .......easy... it was amazing to get to share the blue angels... A little piece of home with B and her Family and My dear friend K and her family.. was amazing!!!...

So now i have my home fix and I am anxiously awaiting one day moving back there....:) here are some pictures from the show...


No comments:

Post a Comment