Friday, April 9, 2010

OMG im turning into my mother :)

So I am noticing every day I am more and more like my mom... I love my mom sooo sooo much. But you know as a young adult its always "im not anything like my mom or dad..." YEAH>>> from the time i was big enough to remeber my mom and my nannie were always sewing... and I always watched and found myself overwhelmed..I always wanted to sew like them... but found myself having sewing ADD and gave up trying.... ( why do you think I got kicked out of girl scouts in the 3rd grade when my mom is a seamstress.... WEIRD.... but now beig the old 26 yr old that I am, I understand more and more how i am much more like my momma than I ever realized, and its not such a bad thing. :) Growing up I always thought we were poor and thats why momma made our cloths, truth is we were poor and that IS why she made them however she always said she wanted to make us something special...... With my kidos not so much Andrew because its hard to craft for a boy, but for My beautiful daughters I find myself all the time with the urge to make them something that is the cutest freaking thing you have ever seen.... Often times I have tryed to be crafty and often times... I have failed, I am just not really the artsy fartsy type of gal... although I wanna be... but I have FINALLY found something I can do for my girls!!! I can make them pillowcase dresses... and I am going to make them hair bows to match. here are 2 that I have made and my cute little sewing machine... :) LOVE IT!!!!who would have ever thought someone would get excited over a sewing machine? :) I have been TERRI HOMEMAKER for years... i have mastered cooking and cleaning... ow SEWING :) WOOT WOOT... ( well i havent mastered it but it is really rapidly becoming an obession)

This is the first dress My mom and I made :) too freaking cute!


LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM!!!!!:)




The Zebra dress- The CUTEST FREAKING THING I HAVE EVER SEEN! I DID IT ALL BY MYSELF

4 comments:

  1. SO. CUTE. I want one for myself! haha! Good job crafty lady! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks love.. i am obsessed now the girls hafta have many many more :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute Terri! where are you finding the pillowcases at?

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey lady! Im actually just using material. I couldnt find pillowcases that I liked so I am using fabric from walmart. I bought the pattern at walmart tooo... :)

    ReplyDelete